7 advantages of the Tilt-up construction method
The best method to build your Industrial Building.
The Tilt-up method is a construction system composed of thin concrete walls made on-site which are divided into sections called panels. These panels are mixed either directly over the floor slab of the structure, or on a work platform, and are then lifted by a crane and placed over the foundation. These recently raised walls then form the façade of the Industrial Buildings. We are very proud that Atisa Industrial is a pioneer in the implementation of the Tilt-up method for the construction of Industrial Buildings in Mexico.
We would like to point out some of the advantages of the Tilt-up construction method below:
1. Lower constructions costs. With the proper equipment and trained personnel, the Tilt-up method proves to have lower costs than traditional methods. The Tilt-up walls offer an excellent product from a construction, operation and investment standpoint. Due to its swift construction, great savings can be achieved in labor costs.
2. Swift deployment with a fast process. Tilt-up construction generally takes 30% less time than the development of a similar building made out of cinder blocks or sheeting. Engineering systems and mass production allows for time and labor costs savings.
3. Professional image for client visits. From an architectural standpoint, Industrial Buildings made with Tilt-up walls are more aesthetic than those made out of sheeting and/or masonry. This is why, unless otherwise requested by the client, Atisa Industrial designs every project with Tilt-up walls as per the clients’ specifications, tastes and needs.
4. Extremely versatile for future expansion. Tilt-up panels are easy to modify to accommodate for new openings or expansion of Industrial Buildings. Columns are usually singular steel structures, which allow for them to be easily moved. Also, by design, whole panels can be moved, or a whole face of the building can be made out of sheeting for quick removal and replacement by a concrete wall.
5. Outstanding acoustic and thermal insulation. By using the Tilt-up method we can achieve better thermal and acoustic insulation, as well as better fire resistance. The concrete walls, which are reinforced with steel, offer a natural barrier for the various forces that may cause discomfort or even injury, such as loud noises, sudden climate change, as well as fire.
6. Unmatched resilience of concrete walls. The resilience of concrete and construction details reduce maintenance costs. Its structural behavior also makes it excellent in resisting impacts caused by vehicles, storms or any other force that would easily damage a masonry or wall made of sheeting.
7. Superb quality when compared to cinder block. Even though it has already been mentioned, it is worth stressing that a concrete building has better looks, is cheaper and more resilient to unforeseen events. Considering that these building are quicker to deploy, it is no surprise that these buildings offer a great value proposition to their users.
Atisa Industrial has over 35 years in building with the Tilt-up Method and is a pioneer in this field in Mexico. While we do buildings of all shapes and sized, we stress the many benefits that building with this method can bring all of our clients.
– See more at: https://atisa.com/blog/real-state/7-advantages-of-the-tilt-up-construction-method#sthash.YcrpDHsX.dpuf